Sunday, November 8, 2009

Book Recommendation

OK yeah ... so I finished this book last week on a flight from Somewhere to Somewhere. Actually, I bought it twice because I lost the first copy on a flight from Somewhere Else to Somewhere Else. I recommend it.

True, Richard Dawkins has a real problem with creationists or "history deniers" as he calls them. And that animosity gets the best of him sometimes. But still, it's an excellent modern recap of the evolution model. I've been looking for a book like this for years: a consolidated, up-to-date, readable summary of the evidence for evolution. This pretty much fits the bill. I especially appreciated the chapter on intelligent design and why, in his opinion, it's an illusion.

So my view is that God exists and evolution, while not fully understood, is undeniable. And I don't have any problem simultaneously holding both ideas to be true. Good night.

3 comments:

Scott said...

It seems like a life-giving tension to me.

kenny8blog said...

I don't think Dawkins has a problem
with creationists.He does not agree.
He may have thought deeply on what
we know of cosmology.

Emerald said...

I long for the old, pre-Oakland Craig Burnett.

But I love you just the same.

mark