Monday, February 2, 2009

Hello? Hello? Is this thing on?

Yeah, that was quite a little quiet period, eh?

Well let's see ... there was a crazy "little" work thing that consumed all of my waking and many of my sleeping hours. But I delivered it last week in London and now all is well in the land. Travers and Jean were here for a few days and then another few days -- and that was cool.

So today was penciled in on the calendar as the day for returning to life as usual in Paris. Then, I stepped out the street door this morning and into 3 inches of snow. Totally unexpected. I snapped this shot when I came back upstairs for my umbrella:















Some of you have sat in that very chair and so you will recognize it as the best seat in the house here at Chez Burnett. When you sit there, you face West and look down Boulevard du Montparnasse directly at La Tour Eiffel. It doesn't suck. Anyway, here is a picture of it ... um, you know ... covered in snow.

Moving on ... I took this one yesterday before the snow started falling. It's one of the fountains at La Place de la Concorde. This spot sits in between Les Jardins des Tuileries and Avenue des Champs-Elysées ... very central. Just a few short days ago there were either 1M or 2.5M protestors here (depending on whose statistics you believe). But I just thought the light was cool there yesterday:

4 comments:

Zeke said...

I'll say it doesn't suck.

Elaine Burnett said...

We have a weather surprise here, too......sunshine.

Trav said...

It is indeed nice to invite myself into the Parisian family, though I have a feeling it's best enjoyed above freezing. Thank you again for the place. It was nice to hang a bit.

Craig Bob said...

Well sure, it's enjoyable above freezing. But that also attracts those damn American tourists you've come to despise.

It was great to hang with you guys too. Come again when you can stay longer.