Thursday, July 24, 2008

Morning Ritual

I'm sure many of you have meaningful, maybe even spiritually enriching morning rituals. Maybe you search your sacred text of choice. Maybe you meditate ... perhaps there is yoga involved. Hell, I don't know maybe you face Hoboken and bow 3 times while chanting, "I will respect all of God's children today ... yes, all of them."

Well, I'd like to give you an insight into my morning ritual. Please to enjoy:



That's right. Every morning. I get out of the shower, walk back into the bedroom and this is how I'm greeted. Granted, Junior has only one tooth left in his head. So the potential for injury is modest. But still, it's a tough way to start the day. Especially given the fact that we just shared a bed all night. And I won't lie to you, sometimes when I wake up in the night the "positioning" is more intimate than I would choose - were I lucid. And yet, this is how he greets me. Every morning.

7 comments:

Laura said...

OK. I take back my recent comment about Junior being misunderstood....

JBlog said...

Wow.

So uncomfortable. In so many ways.

Starting -- but not ending -- with a discussion involving the name "Junior" and the word "intimate."

And I suspect that was Lora's arm I saw reaching for the covers as you waltzed into the bedroom unceremonially and unannounced holding a videocam.

How do you saying "sleeping on the couch for at least a week" in Parisian?

Ryan Lee Sharp said...

Oh that snaggle tooth beast!

Scott said...

He is deeply angry with you for returning again to claim his woman while he can only shiver helplessly and watch her go to you.

Craig Bob said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Junior is a vile, snarling little creature with rodent-like qualities.

Zeke said...

Sometimes "I love you" sounds like... well, a little vile snarling sound.

Anonymous said...

I think this comes from breeding for the apple-sized skull. I think in that more natural 20-80 lb. range you've got better short-term memory, generally. Yessir.